SEPTEMBER 11, 2019
1. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Old Business
- Motion for approval of August 2019 minutes posted on DPROA website
4. New Business
- No new Ratliff report until November.
- Aug 26 – Met with representatives from other retiree association and new Trustee Robert French. Purpose was to help Mr. French become acquainted with our associations and hear our ideas how he can help us. Meeting went very well with an equal sharing of ideas from all.
- Update on Kirk Pittard’s reply in the Degan case the Texas Supreme Court to hear oral arguments regarding the certified questions submitted by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Date set for September 17, 2019.
- Update as to the status of the DPROA vs. Texas Pension Review Board case filed in Austin with a hearing set for September 19 in Travis County.
- Re-opening the sign-up period (January 1, 2020 – March 31, 2020) and allow applications to join the PRB lawsuit filed in Austin
- Job opportunities for retirees with Garda Armored Car Service (Dwight) • Monthly Treasurer’s Report and/or membership numbers.
- Taking new orders for shirts at the conclusion of the General Membership meeting. Also have tee-shirt and ball caps for sale
- Next DPROA meeting on October 9