OCTOBER 9, 2019
1. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Old Business
- Motion for approval of September 2019 minutes posted on DPROA website
4. New Business
- Cheryl Mayo-Williams of City of Dallas Human Resources has sent a representative from UHC to provide an overview for the new Post-65 PPO plans and assist with enrollment. Also, they will have someone from Cigna who will assist in answering questions for anyone who is Pre-65.
- Placing an ad in the Shield for the upcoming re-enrollment period (January 1 – March 31, 2020) for the Annual Adjustment lawsuit.
- Facilitating letters to Amber Guyger. Those who wish to write via US postal mail –
- Amber Guyger
- Mountain View
- 2305 Ransom Road
- Gatesville, TX 76528
- All messages will be reviewed before being given to her. Only send cards and letters (no books, magazines, etc.)
- Report on attorney Kirk Pittard arguments in the Degan case at the Texas Supreme Court on September 17, 2019, regarding the certified questions submitted by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Report as to the status of the DPROA vs. Texas Pension Review Board case filed in Austin on the hearing date of September 19, 2019, in Travis County.
- Monthly Treasurer’s Report
- Availability of new polo shirts and ball caps
- Job opportunities for retirees with Garda Armored Car Service
- No new Ratliff report until November.
- Next DPROA meeting on November 13